Last modified: October 30, 2021
Who we are
Yorktown Beach Hotel (“Company ”) is a vacation destination in Historic Yorktown, the town where the American Revolution was won. Yorktown Beach Hotel offers comfortable rooms, an outdoor pool overlooking the York River and a beach out front. Yorktown Beach Hotel is the perfect basecamp for exploring historic Yorktown and all the nearby attractions of Williamsburg and Virginia Beach.
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://yorktownbeachhotel.com/ (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to us when you visit the website https://yorktownbeachhotel.com/ (“Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
- offline, in person, or through any other means, or through any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- from clients/prospective clients/vendors/and employees or independent contractors outside of this Website.
The use of this Website is for information purposes only and does not create an attorney-client relationship or any contractual relationship, nor should it be considered as rendering legal or professional advice for any specific matter.
Our Website is not intended for use by individuals under eighteen (18) years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under age 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from an individual under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you are under 18 and believe we might have collected any information from or about you on this Website, please ask your parent(s) or guardian(s) to contact us at:
Yorktown Beach Hotel
508 Water Street
PO Box 100
Yorktown, VA 23690
How We May Collect Information About You
We may collect information about you when we receive it directly from you:
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Website;
- Through proposals you submit to the Company through an email link on our Website;
- When you submit an employment application through an email link on our Website;
- When you contact us through our Website from the “Contact Us” page.
- Automatically, as you navigate through the Website for analytical purposes. For more information, see the “Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies” section below;
- When booking a stay or paying your bill or making an advance deposit online through our third-party payment processor when you access the link on our Website;
The Types of Information We Collect From You
We may collect the following types of information from you:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as your full name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“);
- If you book a stay online, pay your invoice online, make an advance deposit, or register and pay for stay or other service through our website or a link to third-party payment processor, if we utilize one for said payment, the information you provide also includes your matter number, invoice number, cardholder name, authorization code, expiration date, and your credit card number. This information is sent by you directly to our third-party payment processor, however, we do have access to a portion of this information for accounting purposes.
- Company name and title/position, industry, or business affiliation when you provide it to us via the Website; and
- Records and copies of your correspondence if you contact us via the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, using Google Analytics including:
Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, device type, and browser type.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies. A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept browser Cookies by activating the appropriate settings on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website.
Purpose and Legal Bases For How We Use Your Information
When processing your personal information, the purpose and legal bases include the following to the extent that they apply to you:
- To present our Website and its contents in the best possible way to you based on our legitimate interests to keep our Website updated and relevant and to develop our outreach, marketing, and business operations;
- To provide you with information, products, or services or information that you request from us based on your consent and to respond to issues, questions, or queries;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it based on your consent;
- To fulfill our contractual obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it based on our legitimate interests to develop and grow our business, improve our services, and promote the reputation of our firm;
- If we believe it is necessary or appropriate based on our legitimate interests to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our clients, you, or other third parties, and to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website based on your consent and based on our legitimate interests to develop our outreach and marketing strategy;
- In any other way, we may describe when you provide the information with your consent.
Where the processing of your personal information takes place based solely on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
You may receive marketing communications from us if you have visited our website or if you provided us with your consent by contacting us through this Website or where we are pursuing a legitimate interest and have a lawful right to do so and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by us to promote our services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant unsubscribe link located on the communication which we send or at any other time by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
Links to Other Websites
You may access our YouTube channel from our Website, which is operated by Google. The operator is YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA.
If you visit one of our pages featuring a YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. Here the YouTube server is informed about which of our pages you have visited.
If you’re logged in to your YouTube account, YouTube allows you to associate your browsing behavior directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
YouTube is used to help make our website appealing. This constitutes a legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1)(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).Further information about handling user data, can be found in the data protection declaration of YouTube under https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
You may link to our Facebook page from our Website, please see more information about Facebook’s privacy practices here: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
You may link to our Instagram page from our Website, please see more information about Instagram’s privacy practices here: https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875
Disclosing and Sharing Your Information/Transfers
We may disclose aggregated information without restriction, including to third parties for research, analytics, and marketing or other purposes provided it does not personally identify a particular individual. Please note that aggregated statistics and information, where the identity of a specific individual cannot be identified, is not Personal Information. We reserve the right to use aggregated information in any manner we determine, at our discretion, to be appropriate. Use of such aggregated information may include, but not be limited to, the preparation of aggregated user statistics and information summaries to improve efficiencies, more effectively describe our product and service offerings, and assist in the marketing of our products and services. Aggregated statistics and information will not contain Personal Information.
This website is hosted in the United States. Please be aware that personal information that is voluntarily provided by you when you contact us via this website will be received and maintained or accessed in servers or files located in the United States.
- To third-party service providers that provide services to us or to whom we outsource certain services such as marketing and data analytics.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory inquiries or requests.
Data Storage and Retention of Your Personal Information
In general, we will retain personal information collected from the Website only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and to satisfy any legal, administrative, or professional indemnity obligations or to protect our legal interests or those of others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information/Your Rights
Depending on the circumstances related to the personal information we collect and where you are located or reside, you may have certain rights regarding the personal information we collect about you. For example, under certain European data privacy laws and under certain conditions, you have the following rights:
- Your right of access – you may ask us to confirm whether we are processing your personal information.
- Your right to correction (rectification) – you may ask us to correct information about you that is inaccurate.
- Your right to erasure – you may ask us to delete or remove your personal information under certain circumstances, such as when we no longer need it, unless we are required to retain it in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
- Your right to restrict – you may ask us to restrict or stop the processing of your personal information based on your consent and, under certain circumstances, to not be subject to a decision based on automatic processing, including profiling.
- Your right to withdraw consent – To the extent, your personal information is processed based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, although this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out prior to your withdrawal of consent.
- Your right to portability – under certain circumstances you may ask for a copy of your personal information in a commonly used machine-readable format.
- Your right to lodge a complaint – you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority if you believe the processing of your personal information infringes applicable European data protection laws.
California Privacy Rights – Shine The Light Law
The California Civil Code section 1798.83 permits users of our Website who are California residents to obtain from us, once per year, free of charge, information regarding our disclosure, if any, of categories personal information (as defined in the Shine The Light Law) to third parties during the previous year, for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. The disclosure requirements apply only if we share our consumers’ personal information with third parties for them to directly market their own products to those consumers, instead of assisting us with our own business. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please send an email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us, proper postage prepaid at
Yorktown Beach Hotel
508 Water Street
PO Box 100
Yorktown, VA 23690
For additional information for California residents click here for our California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosures.
We endeavor to secure your personal information retained in our systems from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We do not control the privacy or data security practices of our third-party providers accessed via the Website. For questions about the privacy and security practices of our third-party providers, you may contact them directly.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we endeavor to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted via our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Yorktown Beach Hotel
508 Water Street
PO Box 100
Yorktown, VA 23690